Monday, October 31, 2011

Go ahead, call me a parent

Like the title, call me a parent.

And as parents of a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old (9 days), ward and I decided that at the girls' age, we did not want them trick or treating this year. But alas, we did go to one house, my parents. That's it. We didn't buy them costumes or candy buckets. So as a last minute costume, I squeezed Jocelyn into the Nebraska husker cheerleader outfit that Kenzie had at that age, and I mean squeeze. The arms of the shirt are too short and her diaper sticks out of the bottom. And I found a play dance leotard for makenzie. And that was it.

Now before you criticize me for not taking my kids out, here's our reasoning. A) we think that they are too young, and 2) we don't want them to have all that candy. Bc we would end up eating most of it and makenzie already has a cavity and we have her put under at newton medical centers surgery center on nov 29. Plus the only time we really ever give them any type of candy is when they go to the dr and she gives them smarties, and the OCCASIONAL package of gummies. That's it.

So go ahead, call me a parent. Good or bad, it doesn't matter. I'm raising my kids the way my husband and I feel is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment